Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Bioshock Gets Dangerous

I'm the exact opposite of what Irrational Games' Ken Levine's proposed, biologically modded, heartwarming do vs. don't kill ethic incorporated-into-a-deep-sea-diving-first-person-adventure game Bioshock is marketing. At least, from a moral standpoint. When I eventually pick up Bioshock in August, September, or whenever I obtain a 360 (it releases for 360 and PC Aug. 21), the first thing I want to do is telekinetically pick up a kicking, screaming Little Sister, light her on fire, throw her flailing body onto a Big Daddy , and happily look down upon the beast as he cries to the gods in disbelief for all he has been designed to do is protect the Little Whore. It'll be the same cry of disbelief Levine will give after witnessing my moral compass spin wildly out of control at the next Bioshock/Microsoft press junket or some shit like that. Luckily for Ken Levine, you can't kill Little Sisters on camera.

Fuck.

Not satisfied? Watch this new Bioshock developer interview; it'll give more of the goods on those telekinetically induced fireballs mentioned previously. I suppose that was the whole point of this post anyway.