Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Broken Gamer Profiles = The New Black

XBox 360 units change hardware problems as often and in the same ferocity as fashion trends these days. The latest one on the list reportedly removes the connection between game code and your 360's profile manager. So basically, your 360 won't recognize that you've played any games you pop in (no achievements; sorry folks). Saving your game is still A-OK, however. 1up Editor and blogger John Davison might be the first reported account of this incident.


Not quite...

"It all started while playing Forza 2 and I noticed that I wasn't getting any achievements. Initially I put this down to the fairly brutal nature of the game's assignment of rewards and thought nothing of it. After a while though, I realized something was most definitely up when I checked out Garnett's profile and saw that he was rocking a good four or five achievements with less play time than me. What is up?

Thinking this was a bug with the game, I considered penning a 'wtf?' note to [Turn 10 Community Manager Che Chou]...but just to be sure, I popped the Forza disc, and a memory card with my profile on it, into a different 360. Lo and behold [sic], it immediately acknowledges the existence of the game, and adds it to my list of played titles...so my problem is unique to this particular box."


Anyone else ever heard/seen this?

Source [John Davison on 1up]